As D&H Distributing Prepares for its 100th Anniversary and Moves Toward Increased Revenues, It Plans Enhanced Investments Both in the Supply Channel and in its Internal Processes
HARRISBURG, PA – May 3, 2017 – D&H Distributing, the leading North American computer products and consumer electronics distributor, announces it is planning a series of new investments and resources for its Fiscal Year 2018, which began on May 1, 2017, with many of these initiatives extending into the future. Major investments include improved logistics, new sales personnel, and increased channel breadth for vendors across-the-board; plus internal team initiatives that will enhance D&H’s work-life balance for co-owners.
“D&H strives to be an ideal distribution partner for our customers across a range of markets. We will continue add resources, rolling out a plan to devote more support to the systems and the manufacturers that serve the marketplace,” said Dan Schwab, co-president at D&H Distributing.
“Our team is vested in creating enhancements and customizations to make our transaction processes faster and more efficient for our partners,” he added. “We apply such efficiencies to our internal processes as well, creating an environment that’s not only productive and creative, but that stresses the well-being of our co-owner employees, to insure a healthy and constructive atmosphere.”
D&H’s new investments for FY 2018 and beyond include:
- Improved logistics: D&H is enhancing its capabilities in logistics, inventory management, forecasting, and ecommerce support in order to provide optimal services in a demanding marketplace.
- Increased Customer Breadth: D&H will focus on growing customer breadth for its vendors across-the-board. While breadth is declining for many manufacturers in the supply channel, D&H intends to increase support and funding for it manufacturer partners to generate additional sales.
- Added sales personnel: D&H has plans to increase its sales staff by dramatically to accommodate new growth and maintain its ongoing “high-touch” service model.
- New Canadian Distribution Center: D&H is opening a major new warehouse facility in Vancouver, British Columbia, in addition to its headquarters location in Brampton, Ontario. The new center is strategically located to speed delivery and expand D&H’s logistical services within the western end of the country. The unveiling of this new distribution center coincides with D&H Canada’s 10th anniversary.
- Enhanced “work/life balance”: As a private, family-owned company celebrating its 99th anniversary, D&H maintains an extraordinary focus on work/life balance, offering a long list of internal events and activities that strengthen D&H’s team and engender a family atmosphere. Activities include “softball slams,” family picnics and movie nights, and “D&H Cares” co-owner charity events. In addition, multiple fun co-owner events are planned each month to celebrate D&H’s “Centennial Countdown” year.
“Just as we’ve grown business with partners in the past years, D&H is laser-focused on adding incremental revenue for dozens of key vendors. The goal is to generate increased opportunities for our customers, and we intend to double-down on those investments. We’re looking to add dozens of strategic, complementary manufacturers to expand our customers’ revenues and breadth of offering,” said Michael Schwab, co-president at D&H.
“The goal is to bring more customers into the fold and provide ample resources to help them grow profits, building on some of the impactful models we leveraged in the past. While some distributors carry nearly every vendor as part of their strategy, we prefer to have a more focused line card,” Michael Schwab added. “This allows us to add greater value and help our vendors achieve wider market penetration with the customers we serve. We align with these vendors to help our partners succeed.”
D&H customers can contact their representatives at (800) 340-1007 or visit www.dandh.com
About D&H Distributing
D&H Distributing believes the most important element of doing business is developing relationships for mutual success. The company continues to build upon its 99-year-old culture by providing its manufacturers, co-owners, and partners with the utmost customer care, consultative guidance and multi-market expertise. As one of North America’s leading technology distributors, it delivers a wealth of enablement resources and hands-on support services that empower resellers in the supply channel. D&H ships to RTO dealers and store owners out of four separate locations in United States, located in Harrisburg, PA. Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; and Fresno, CA. Call D&H toll-free at (800) 340-1007 or visit www.dandh.com/rto
. Follow the distributor’s Facebook and Twitter feeds, https://www.facebook.com/DandHDistributing/
Suzanne Mattaboni Communications, Inc.
For D&H Distributing