The Illinois Rental Dealer Association will hold their 2017 Legislative Day on Wednesday, April 26th in Springfield. “This year’s legislative day stands to be the most important one we have had to date. Our bills are active and the timing of our visit looks to be quite good,” shared IRDA President Casey Pristou. “The senate bill, SB1434, has passed out of committee and is currently in its 3rd reading. During our meetings with house representatives we will likely be asking for co-sponsors. Based on where we are now in the process and pending a successful legislative day we are optimistic that we can get our legislation to the governor’s desk by the end of May, with or without a “grand bargain.” IRDA Legislative Day Tentative Schedule
- 7:30AM – 12:15PM – Schedule meetings with senators and representatives
- 12:15PM – 1:00PM – Working lunch with Michael Houlihan in the Capitol (TBD)
- 1:00PM – 3:30PM – Schedule meetings with representatives and senators
- 3:30PM – EOD – Meetings with leadership. Meetings to be set by Michael Houlihan
- Let Casey Pristou know whether you are attending and who will accompany you.
- Set-up meetings with the representatives and senators in the communities in which you operate. Schedule them during the recommended times if possible.
- Send Casey Pristou a list of the reps and senators with whom you will be meeting.
- If you have any trouble scheduling a meeting let Casey know. Michael Houlihan can help if necessary.