Fuse 2016: Toms Kitchen Golf Classic, Turbo Mania and the Queen City Cruise & Gala
Fuse 2016 was in full swing on it’s official first day of convention yesterday, Tuesday May 10th. Seventeen teams comprised of rental professionals hit the Devou Park Golf course at 8AM and enjoyed a scenic and challenging game. The Devou course took golfers through rolling hills and views of downtown Covington and Cincinnati. See the final stats and winners below.
After the golf tournament attendees gathered in the ballroom of the Northern Kentucky Convention Center for the Welcome Reception and highly anticipated Turbo Mania Auction. APRO Treasurer, Ernie Lewallen, emceed the auction as rental dealers bid on some of the greatest deals of the year. The half hour fast paced auction made $2.25 million.
The day wrapped up with a bang as all attendees boarded The Belle of Cincinnati for a two-hour sunset cruise of the Ohio River. The Queen City Cruise and Gala included live music, a Cincinnati themed buffet including cheese-infused chili (a Cincy staple), and an open bar. APRO’s Executive Director, Bill Keese, took a moment to recognize The Queen City Cruise and Fuse 2016’s only Titanium-level Sponsor, RentDirect Nationwide. Executive Director, James MacAlpine accepted the award on behalf of RentDirect Nationwide.
Stay tuned for more Fuse 2016 coverage over the next few days. We look foward to General Session, the APRO Trade Show and the Annual Awards Evening.
Tom Kitchens Golf Classic Winners
- 1st Place, Score: 29 – Luis Ojeda, Dial Rent To Own; Dan Singh, Dial Rent To Own; Greg Skinner, Leopard Mobility Inc.
- 2nd Place, Score: 31 – Lawson Burnat, Pritchard & Jerden Insurance & Risk Management; David P. David, Full-O-Pep Appliances; Kevin Rankel, Full-O-Pep Appliances; Rick Scherer, Full-O-Pep Appliances
- 3rd Place, Score: 31 – Jeff Lebakken, Lebakkens Inc. of Wisconsin, Mike Klug, Lebakkens Inc. of Wisconsin, Derry Thorson, Lebakkens Inc. of Wisconsin
- Straight Drive #9 – Mary Cleek, Cleek’s Inc./Aaron’s
- Longest Drive Men #16 – Kevin Silvers, Generation’s Diamond & Jewelry Co.
- Closest to the pin #7 – Mark Blanchat, Captive Management Services
- Longest Drive Women #12 – Ann Cleek, Cleek’s Inc./Aaron’s