Veterans Day is Monday, November 11. APRO honors the men and women who have worn their uniforms and who continue to serve our country. We will always be grateful to those who have helped and continue to support our freedoms.
How can you show your thanks? Here are some ways that you can thank a Veteran.
- Send a care package to a military service member at home or overseas
- Fly an American flag outside of your home.
- Participate in a Veterans Day parade or ceremony. There are many to choose from – check your local news sites or Veterans organizations and charities for more information.
- Take time and personally thank a Veteran.
- Volunteer with the American Legion or the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Donate to organizations like the DAV, Operation Homefront or the Wounded Warrior Project.
- Call or write local media and community groups to show your support and encourage others in your area to do the same.